No matter what your skill set, MHA has a way for you to get involved!
Current Volunteer Needs:
- MHA's Compeer program matches community volunteers with adults in mental health recovery programs. The volunteers provide one-to-one supportive friendship and mentoring relationships to offset the loneliness and social isolation that often accompanies mental illness. Compeer is guided by a simple premise validated by research—that the support of friends is healing. Please visit our Compeer Page for more information and for a Compeer Volunteer Application.
Additional Volunteer opportunities throughout the year include:
- Special Events Help
- Annual Banquet, Awareness Events, Community Trainings
- Operation Santa Claus
- Shopping for, Organizing & Inventorying gifts
- Gift hosts
- General Office Assistance
- Data collection & entry, answering phones, filing, mailings, and other general administrative assistance
- Newsletter Production
- Assistance gathering and writing stories, photography, design & layout
- Awareness & Fundraising Campaigns
- Assistance marketing & preparing materials
- Support Group Facilitators
- Facilitators for Survivors of Suicide & Families of Mental Illness groups. Training is provided.
- Speaker’s Bureau
- Have expertise in an area of mental health? Volunteer to be a part of our Speaker’s Bureau.
General Volunteer Interest Form
If you have an interest in volunteering with us, please fill out and submit the inquiry form below.